Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Welcome 2011!

I think every new year we all make grand plans to slim down and tone-up. I know my previous post was about surviving the holidays, and overall I did pretty well, but let's face the fact that we all probably indulged a little more than necessary. My weakness is fresh baked cookies and who could resist Christmas cookies?!?!?!

I put on a total of 10lbs since competition day (not bad!) but I definitely feel like I've lost some definition and I'm putting on a little bit more than I would prefer around my mid-section.


One of my New Year's resolutions is to be more adventurous in cooking; I'm looking for clean eating recipes that my family will love and that add a lot more flavor to our diet. Tosca Reno has amazing books, but I get intimidated trying new stuff sometimes, mostly out of fear that my hubby and kids will turn their noses up.


Another resolution is to blog more. I've had readers tell me that I need to keep things moving and that they miss reading (this one is for you Aubrey. LOL!) I'll share some recipes I find, blog more about my workouts and do my best to stay up to date with pictures.
***Please note that I do look mighty top heavy in this post's pic, its the jacket, I promise!***


Another resolution that is revelant to this blog, is that I want to get my children more involved in daily exercise. They are already active, but I want to make sure that we spend quality time as a family being active and healthy. The kids start swimming again next week and my daughter is back to lacrosse in the spring. I think we easily forget about keeping children healthy and active, especially if they are small/thin and we put the focus on our aging and ever-widening selves. Even small people need to exercise to built healthy habits and gain strength and endurance; a fit family is a happy family!


So, here's to 2011! May you be blessed with good health; you deserve to be the best YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment