Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I love Netflix

A habit I don't want to get into is sitting infront of the television every night. However, I must be honest and admit that I'm totally addicted to Law & Order; SVU. On L&O Marathon days, thank you USA, I could and do spend the entire day on the couch. Great for just "tuning" out the world and having some down time, but not so great for my body. I become lazy and I'm sure it cuts out from time I should be spending doing other things.

This is where Netflix comes into play. We can use our Netflix account on our iPhones, I'm pretty sure you can get it on most smartphones, and I've started watching L&O while I run on the treadmill at the gym. All you need is WiFi and a good set of earbuds. Yesterday, I ended up doing almost 40 minutes of HIIT because I was so absorbed in the episode. I find that I'm not focusing so much on how hard I'm working, but rather I'm turinng off the world, keeping my mind occupied and getting an awesome workout in!

So, I'm getting my L&O fix without having the guilt of being lazy and missing out on time with my family. I can't promise that I won't indulge in a L&O marathon in the future, but at least I'm doing the majority of my TV watching while burning some calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment