Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pancake Make-Over

Everyone knows I love my oatmeal pancakes (Thanks, Blythe for getting me hooked on them!) but I've been needing to change things up a bit. I've done some variations that I absolutely LOVE! Here are some suggestions:

1. add fresh blueberries to the batter after pouring on the griddle
2. add a whole banana, 1 tsp vanilla and cinnamon to taste to batter in blender
3. make your own healthy fruit spread and top pancakes with spread and natural peanut butter
4. add a flavored protein powder (cookies and cream, vanilla, chocolate... YUM)
5. add any natural fruit puree; I like pumpkin and unsweetened applesauce. Add it to the batter in the blender.

Adding to the batter will obviously get you more pancakes or make your pancakes bigger, be sure to change your nutritional information to reflect the additions if you're tracking your calories and macronutrients. Fitday.com is where I track and its fairly simple to create your own foods and make modifications.

No comments:

Post a Comment