Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ice Skating Success!


Yesterday, my daughter and I braved ice skating with my sister-in-law, Jessica and her little sister (who is also a BFF of my daughter's), my good friend, Aubrey and a little girl she was babysitting (who is also a good friend of my daughter's!). It has been years since my last experience on the ice and it was her first time. Both of us were nervous about falling, getting hurt, or just looking silly.


We had a couple falls, some shrieks and a short break for hot cocoa, but an hour and half later, we found ourselves having a great time, minimal slips and sweating like crazy!

Here are some pictures from our outing. Again, taken with a phone, not the best quality, but you get the idea...

I should also mention, when I entered this in my fitness log, its says that I burned over 500 calories!!! I would say that some awesome quality time I spent having fun with my daughter while also getting in an incredible workout!


Jessica, Aubrey and I are now planning more excursions. Next time, perhaps we'll go bowling. Rock climbing, trapeze flying are in our near future as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment