Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

What's on the menu

My breakfasts this week will consist of my protein pancakes. I made them with banana and vanilla whey protein. YUM!

For my lunches this week I made a chicken with vegetables and rice soup. Very very simple, but oh-so-tasty! I could pair this up with various salads (Udos oil and vinegar dressing) and have a filling lunch that isn't loaded with unnecessary fats!I also have some shredded ginger chicken that I could pair with baked sweet potato and have a lunch that is packed with flavor, but easy on the waistline!

With my recent workouts, I'm definitely feeling some soreness in my muscles. I've got to make sure and eat lots of protein to fuel those muscles! I'm also taking a great recovery drink, Xtend, that has the 2:1:1 ratio of Branched Chain Amino Acids (L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine and L-Valine), Glutamine, Citrulline Malate, and Vitamin B6.

For dinner:

Monday- Spicy Chicken with maple-glaze and steamed veggies
Tuesday- Salmon steaks with steamed broccoli
Wednesday- Spinach salad with onion, feta and tomatoes topped with tuna and boiled eggs
Thursday- Cheat meal; Girls' Night Out! (I'll go healthy with grilled chicken, topped with salsa and a rice pilaf minus the butter)
Friday- Peppered Chicken and Shrimp kabobs with brown rice and grilled veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment