Tonight I braved a new recipe from EatingWell.com
"Maple-Chili Glazed Pork Medallions" it was SUPER easy and very yummy!
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground chipotle pepper
1lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1 inch thick medallions
2tsp canola oil (I used Olive Oil)
1/4 c apple cider
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp cider vinegar
1. Mix chili powder, salt and chipotle in a small bowl; then sprinkle over both sides of pork.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until golden brown on both sides (1-2 minutes)
3. Add cider, syrup and vinegar and bring to a boil; scrape up any brown bits.
4. Reduce to medium heat and cook, turning the pork occassionally to coat, until the sauceis reduced to a thick glaze (3-5 minutes).
5. Serve the pork drizzled with the glaze.
Jasmine Rice or Brown rice with Steamed broccoli is a great side dish!
6g carbohydrates (does not include any rice or broccoli)
makes 4 servings.