Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Friends and Family

I think the most exciting thing for me this week has been getting to help my sister-in-law, Jessica. She had a baby in 2009, my beautiful niece, and like all new moms she's wanting to get back to that prebaby body. Jessica is participating in the Biggest Loser Challenge and I'm helping her (and anyone else who asks) clean up her diet, stick to an exercise routine and get the results she wants, deserves and is willing to work for!

On Thursday night I helped Jessica by going grocery shopping with her. We did what I call "perimeter shopping" and $150 later, she was going home with groceries that were fresh, not prepackaged, no preservatives added and enough ingredients to create several clean eating meals.

I cannot tell you how happy it makes me to have her text message or call asking me to walk her through cooking a healthy clean meal! I am excited because I know how hard she is working to do the best for herself and her family (which is MY family!) This is a big deal since Jessica isn't really a "cook" and I know that she is putting herself out there and stepping out of her element to move towards a healthy lifestyle.

It is a wonderful feeling sharing good health habits with those you love. I'm looking forward to this journey with Jessica. I think she's going to rock it in 2011and she'll be bikini ready, our joke is that she'll be a MILF, by early summer!

GO JESSICA!!!

2 comments: