Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Personal Training Certification

So...never thought I would say this, but I actually went for my Personal Fitness Trainer Certification today. I just never in a million years thought that would be an avenue that I would travel. I wanted to start with just my certification to see if it was something that I was evenly remotely interested in doing.

I love working out, I am passionate about health and fitness, but am I really cut out to train others? I'll get the official results from my test in a couple days, but the instructor said that I did really well and I felt very confident after taking the test. It was an 8 hour class that crammed a lot of information, at the end of the class we were given 1 hour to complete a 4 part test:

1) 100 Questions (multiple choice, T/F and fill in the blank
2) Essay
3) Naming the major muscles in the body
4) Practical Test (I had to explain to the instructor how to properly do 4 exercises. It was basically a mini training session)

It wasn't too hard, it had a lot of technical terms and concepts and used lots of words that were hard to spell. I felt very confident because I've been reading information, doing the work and listening to trainers for the past year. Having lost over 40lbs myself, working out hard core for almost a year and living a healthy lifestyle, I felt most of the test was stuff that I already knew.

On July 10th, I'm going for my certification in Kids and Teens Fitness and Health. I'm really excited about that! I'll be implementing trainings for the families at the preschool and in my community. I'm finding that I'm very passionate about Healthy Living and how our children are effected by the poor health habits of our general society. I'm hoping that through this, I can make a small difference in my corner of the world!

So that's the latest news in my journey! I'm very excited and feeling exceptionally motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment