Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Loving What I've Got!

If I had a nickel for every time I thought, "why didn't I love and appreciate my body before kids..."
The journey through physical fitness and health has given me such tremendous benefits! The most obvious benefit is that I look so much better! I got a little brave last week and decided to go ahead and let my sister-in-law shoot some boudoir pictures of me...it was a blast! I had so much fun! My niece, Jenifer (who has years experience in modeling) came over and did my hair and make-up. Working with them was so casual and relaxing, not to mention "safe". Both of them were so professional and made me feel so comfortable!

I got all the pictures back today and I'm so pleased with them. I'm nothing like I was at 18 or 20, but I know one thing...I'm loving what I've got! This time around, I'm going to appreciate my body. I will respect the work that I've put into getting back into shape and I'll no longer fret about the silly nonsense insecurities that most women have! I appreciate my curves, I don't cringe at the sight of myself, and I'm comfortable in my own skin!

I did these pictures for my husband...but I'm feeling almost as if I did them for ME. To show that I'm working hard, setting goals and making myself proud!
My advice to all women...Love what you've got! Work hard, respect yourself and be proud of what you have! You only have one body...be kind to it!

1 comment: