Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Insanity

I'm not talking about a video that thousands of people have bought to get their cardio. I'm talking about today's workout with my trainer! I arrived at her gym, bright eyed and bushy tailed, to see her carrying a large sand bag. She drops it in the corner and says, "I'll save this for us!" I immediately knew that today was a day of "zero mercy". (I love it! It is an illness to love torturing myself like this!)

Today was my scheduled "legs" day with Blythe and there was no question that she meant business. I followed John into the office and he took my measurments; I've come down A LOT! I've lost dramatically everywhere except my triceps! (Come on wings...fly away!) Then I naively followed Blythe outside. I was thinking to myself, "what a gorgeous day to workout outside!" HA HA HA!

Blythe had me warm up with an agility ladder; jumping, skipping, hopping side to side, criss crossing, you name it. I'm not most coordinated pesron out there, so I was self conscious and clumsy...but I survived. We then did squats, just using our body weight. Then... she walks me over to this large TIRE and tells me to flip it over ACROSS THE PARKING LOT! Yeah, so there I am, squatting down, getting under the tire and then flipping it over (about 14 times) BURN BABY BURN!

As if that wasn't enough, she then tells me to pick up that sand bag, put it over my head and onto my shoulders and run 5 laps. OMG. I thought I would puke! I couldn't even get the 50lb bag over my head! So she helped me position in on my shoulders and off I ran; you better believe at the end of the five laps I just let it drop behind me!

We did some sprints/running after that, I got a bee stuck in my shoe (between the tongue of the shoe and the front of my ankle) and stung 3 times on the last sprint...but I survived :o) Then back to the tire, some more agility ladder, jumping rope, 5 more laps with the sand bag and then we moved inside for some more leg exercises.

I like how Blythe incorporates my cardio into intervals with the stregth training. The workouts are fast and efficient and most importantly INTENSE!

Inside, we did some ab work that also worked on the glutes and hamstrings. She threw in some "burpees" which I guess are some sort of military workout. You go down into a squat, thrust out into a plank, then jump back into a squat and then jump straight up into the air and back down into a squat mulitply that by 15. I felt like my head was going to explode!

Our cool down was five laps across the room (down and back count as 1) of walking lunges using only our body weight. We took at break at 2.5 laps and then finished strong.

It was a crazy, insane, fun and miserable workout! I can't wait to see what's in store for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment