Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Keeping Motivated

I'm in the last 6 weeks before the big day and its becoming difficult to keep motivated. I know that we all go through cycles and about 6 weeks ago I found myself in a similar slump. This past year and more specifically the last 6 months have been extremely difficult, both physically and emotionally. Its hard to keep the momentum and stay on track in regards to diet and exercise. I do sacrifice a lot and I know that the rewards are great, but it is so hard to stay on track week in and week out. I do get my "cheat" meals, but as I get closer the cheat meals don't seem worth it...so I get irritable and frustrated, especially when I don't see major muscle gain or fat loss.

I am definitely on the smaller side and so I'm preparing myself to not get my hopes up high when it comes to the competition. I'm really looking at this as a learning experience and really when it comes to whether or not I've "won" anything...I really do feel like a winner in that I'm in the best shape of MY life.

I do get doubtful and self conscious, I think that's normal and I admit that each day is like playing mental games, some days I feel great, other days, I feel flat (that's what we say when our muscles look small) I'm leaning out quickly, so I feel lanky, I was expecting to see more muscle definition and I'm very small.

I'm working out with Blythe both Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Then I'm headed to the beach for some R&R and down time with the Foley Family. I think that will be good for me. Its going to be hard because my nutrition is so strict right now and I cannot allow for any slip ups; but I think that the time away will help me regain focus!

I usually feel better after my workouts with Blythe, when I hit it hard, I feel rejuvinated and motivated. I just need that kick in the butt! This is hands down the hardest thing I've ever done in my life!

3 comments:

  1. You are doing AMAZING, AA!! Your dedication is completely admirable. If you look at how FAR you've come in 1 short year it is truly amazing. ANYONE would tell you that. You should be incredibly proud, regardless of how the competition turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also wanted to say that even more importantly, you have inspired sooo many people. I've been following your journey from the start and it truly has impacted me! I see how you've set goals and inched your way towards them... little by little you have made a complete transformation. When I feel discouraged at the gym I think about you and how far you've come and it makes me want to work harder! Honestly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kara. That means a lot to me. I am such a perfectionist and I'm my own worst critic! I am very proud of how far I've come. I'm just nervous as all get out.

    I appreciate your words and I'm glad that I've been helpful to you! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete