Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Carb Cycling

I've been carb cycling for about two weeks now. Its harder than I thought it would be, but I appreciate that I'm not having to cut carbs completely out of my diet! A high day of carbs for me would be about 150g of carbs; medium carb day would be about 75g and low carbs would be 50g. These numbers are very SPECIFIC to me and my body and my level of fitness! Do NOT follow them!

For carbs, I love how Blythe will say, "eat carbs that are picked from the earth!" Fruits and Vegetables are my friends! I eat, oatmeal (not the prepackaged bagged kind), brown rice, jasmine rice, and fruits/veggies. I don't eat enriched flour products, processed tortillas or breads...ever.

I've learned that bananas, apples, blueberries and strawberries have lots of carbs. The highest amount of carbs I find are in oatmeal and brown rice. My high carb days are beautiful, happy and stress free, my medium carb days require a lot of thought and my low carb days...well, just stay away because I'm usually a raging bitch.

High carb days are days when I have INTENSE workouts, usually meaning I've done HIIT cardio and hard core strength training, my medium days are when I just do one or the other, and my low carb days are when I don't work out. I guess there's a price for not going to the gym!

I get measured again on Wednesday of this week. Let's see if I've made a progress!!!! I'm crossing my fingers and toes that I see some loss!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah I would not be able to do that! More power to you!!! I can't do without my jasmine rice and filipino food and pastas! LOL. Well I probably could but I'm not competing in a figure competition so I have that luxury. :) Can't wait to see your progress! Your competition is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out that I can eat jasmine rice!!! YAY! LET THE ANGELS SING! Its just instant white rice I can't have! DUH...never in my life have I had instant white rice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallelujah!!!Instant white rice?!! That's not real rice! Jasmine rice is the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, you've never had instant rice! I LOVE jasmine rice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heyyy thank you for mentioning me in your blog, I was surprised, it put a smile on my face :) Anyways no need to feel shy! You look great and your transformation is great!! I'm so glad that Marty told me that you were doing this and now I'm able to watch and read your journey! I need to kick my butt in gear and follow in these amazing footsteps! I would really love to attend your show, I think it would be truly inspiring as if your blog isn't already :) Keep up the good work! I'm happy for ya!

    ReplyDelete