Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

AWESOME WEEK!

This week has been amazing! I hit all my workouts really hard, had two incredible training days with Blythe, I'm down 2lbs (and I'm sure its body fat!), eating was right on target and I started the fat burner Jack3d.

My mood has had some pretty strong swings, I go from being emotional, to irritable to tired and then ecstatic. I feel bipolar at times, but I'm learning how to cope with it and when to recognize that I need some deep breathing, stretching or just a good run. The emotional side of all this is very difficult, but I think I'm handling it in stride. Marty has been exceptionally supportive and he's prepared himself for my mood swings. He encourages me to eat something small when I'm really irritable and he helps me a lot with stretching and talking about positive things. He's a saint...

I'm seeing a lot of muscle definition and growth (especially in my shoulders, abs and quads) My shoulders are bigger, nicely capped and looking very defined. My abs and stomach area are thinning out and I'm seeing cuts, and that obnoxious belly "lip" is shrinking; the quads are looking very small. I've lost a lot in my inner thighs so although I can see muscle definition, my quads are looking very thin. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish my legs were bigger!

Along with having an awesome week, I'm at the complete opposite end of the spectrum emotionally because I feel myself really struggling with sadness over the loss of Karen. I have so many exciting things happening and I can't help but feel emptiness with her gone. I would like to believe that she's watching over me and cheering me on, but I miss her so much that its hard to enjoy the moments of triumph. There's so much I want to share with her, and I feel lonely without her support and encouragement. As much as my husband and friends care and support me, I can't help but miss that special closeness with her. I miss how she would ask questions, laugh at me and say some quick witted response of encouragment. She would have laughed herself to tears at the thought of me flipping large tractor tires. I can't even begin to express how having her gone has impacted my life. Every.single.aspect.

So on to more good news, I got confirmation that I did infact pass my personal training certification and I should be receiving my certificate in the next 4 weeks. Should I frame it? LOL! I honestly can say that having a certification in personal fitness training was not something I thought I would ever add to my resume.

Also, talking with Blythe this week, I've decided to go ahead and enter in the Fitness Model class at the competition. She seems to think that I would do really well in that division. I trust her judgement and as self-conscious as I feel, I will do my best to be confident and deliver. So...that's the scoop for this week! 7 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment