Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Trainer Talk

Sunday night is when I touch base with my trainer, Kelly. We had a lot to talk about tonight. I had emailed her yesterday when I had my mini-meltdown and so she gave me a "pep talk" tonight. She said that the "low days happen" but we both know that the low days just push me to work harder. I need to keep my expectations realistic. I want to see big results NOW. It has taken me almost 8 months to get to where I am now, and I still have 4 and half months before competition. Although strength training is relatively new to me, I have learned a lot. I'm learning about what weights to use, how to build muscle and trim fat, and becoming in tune with my body and my abilities. Its not easy, but what I need to focus on is that the competition is just ONE day, the journey is the true reward.

My biggest mistake is that I keep wanting to rush the process. The truth is, this is a sport that takes time and consistency. The sport is fitness; learning and living a healthy lifestyle and allowing yourself time to grow. Kelly said to me tonight, "AA, if we could transforms our bodies in 2 weeks, then everyone would do it! You can do this; you've made the commitment, you're making the time and putting forth the effort. Be patient." If I had a dollar for every time someone told me to be patient about something... Well, I guess that's my biggest fault in every aspect of my life. Patience is a virtue I have yet to master.

So I'm entering week 4 of my training and nutrition plans. With the strength training, I'm increasing volume and adding sets (whew!) and with nutrition I'm cutting down more sugars (dairy and fruit) and continuing with my clean diet. I'm excited about the upcoming week. Tomorrow is my chest and back day and I'm ready to hit it hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment