Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

Tuning Out

Music is important for your workout when you're alone. You need to just tune out let your mind relax. Music really moves me; my mood goes with the music and it helps to either pump me up, calm me down or push me into a mindset that is necessary to get a good workout.

We all have a "mood" that works for us to get a good workout. For me, its all about feeling sexy. Let's be honest, for those of us in our 20's and 30's, are we really working out because we're concerned about our cholesterol, disease prevention or overall health? Maybe that equates to 10% of our motivation. I know that my major factor for working out is I that I want to have a sweet little ass in that sexy black number. I don't think that there is anything wrong with that. I want to feel good; I want to feel confident; I want to BE sexy.

So, the music I listen to taps into those feelings. For today's playlist (I put it on shuffle so they played in a random order):

Cake- Short Skirt/Long Jacket
Buckcherry- Crazy Bitch
Duffy- Mercy
Michael Franti and Spearhead- Say Hey (I love you)
Stevie Ray Vaughan- Pride and Joy
Pussycat Dolls - When I Grow Up
Britney Spears - If You Seek Amy
Toya- I do!
Cascada - Evacuate the Dance Floor
The Smithereens- Blues Before and After
The Smithereens- A Girl Like You
Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl
Lady Gaga- Beautiful, Dirty, Rich
Lady Gaga- Boys Boys Boys
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts- I Hate Myself for Loving You

I'm always looking for great songs, so if you have any suggestions...please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment