Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Competition Date is Set!

Although I was planning on competing in the Baltimore Charm City Classic on Oct. 9th, after speaking with my trainer today, it looks like I'll be shooting for the Presidential Cup in Washington DC on August 14th! WOW, only 5 months away!!!! I'll be honest, I'm scared out of my mind!

My husband, Marty, has agreed to help me more in the gym and assist me in pushing myself to the limits! He was so excited to hear about my new competition date that he met me at the gym today and devoted the hour and a half to supporting me, pushing me and working with me to reach absolute muscle fatigue/failure. He is a beast! Halfway through the workout I was cursing him up and down!

I've really got to get myself to focus and commit to this goal. Kelly and I spoke in great length today and I am finding that I have a better understanding of what I need to do; this is not easy, but it feels so good to set the goals, see the progress and push the limits of my own personal strength and fitness!

August 14th might sound like a long time away, but I know that it will be here before I know it. If I want to accomplish my goals, I'm going to have to dedicate myself completely to this. I'm ready! I'm thankful to everyone that plans on attending and showing their support for me!

2 comments:

  1. August! That's great!!! Awesome that Marty helped you. My best lifting ever was definitely done with Jason by my side. I hope we can coordinate our schedules again one day to workout together. He pushes me way more than I do myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Wish I could fly out there and watch and support you!!! :(

    ReplyDelete