Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Changing Things Up

I started my new training and nutrition plan with my trainer, Kelly, this week. WOW! I am feeling sore all over! Its a good sore though, not pain. She's got me on a four day split now, so I strength train Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday; Cardio only on Wednesdays and Saturdays and Sundays I rest. Monday I did Chest, Arms and Abs then 30 minutes on the bumble bee; Tuesday, I did legs and glutes then finished up with 15 min on the TM and 15 min on the bumble bee; Wednesday I did 30 minutes of cardio (20 on the TM and 10 on the eliptical -I got bored so I had to switch it up)and then Abs. I did some new Ab exercises that I'll have to tell you about later! I feel great, although I definitely notice that I'm working different muscles. I won't give specific details about the exercises and weights because the plan was designed specifically for my goals and it might not be wise for someone else to follow it exactly. I will, however, let you know what I work, how I feel and what exercises I love (and hate).

My nutrition plan is fantastic! I actually really love eating clean. In fact, I purchased some new books that I can't wait to share: The Eat Clean Diet, The Eat Clean Diet Recharged and The Eat Clean Diet Cookbook all by Tosca Reno. I also feel like a better wife and mother because I'm cooking healthy foods that everyone enjoys. Last night, we had turkey burgers on whole grain buns, topped with lettuce and tomato with steamed green beans on the side. My kids LOVED it! This morning after my workout, I made a yummy egg white omelet with diced onions, bell peppers and tomatoes with basil. I don't feel like I'm on a "diet" at all!

I will tell you though, that my first day, I couldn't eat all the food. I felt so full, eating every 3 hours and lots of protein. I think it will take some time for my body to adjust. I have to keep in my mind that I need food for fuel. Kelly and I did talk some last night and we know that its going to take a few days to learn what I need and when.

I'll make a separate post about nutrition in the next day or so, but I just wanted to give an update that my new program has started and I'm kickin' butt and takin' names! :o)

2 comments:

  1. You look great! I need to eat better. I eat like crap. But, it is very expensive to buy fresh food all the time, and I'm not home as much as I'd like to be so it goes to waste. Your meals sound yummy though. I'd love to try some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lolly! I miss you! I didn't know you were reading this! Try buying frozen veggies and meat and also make your meals on Sundays. Then you can store them and have fast, easy, ready-made meals all week! The key is to plan ahead. If you're not prepared, you'll eat what's available!

    ReplyDelete