Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wednesday

AHHH. 2 days to go!

This morning, I had my last workout with Blythe. It was a very very light workout (she didn't want me to get sore). I started out on the rowing machine for ten minutes, then we did walking lunges, some ab work, did a couple sets for my calves, and finished up with pushups. Like I said, pretty easy...

After the light workout, I put my suit on for final progress pictures, worked on mandatory poses and the line up, and cranked up the music to do a dress rehearsal of my stage walk. I feel pretty good; confident. I then changed clothes into my fitness model apparel and practiced my stage walk (which is completely different from Figure in that its more relaxed, sassy and I have an opportunity to show my personality a little more) I felt like a complete boob! I'm not naturally a sassy person so I think I'm really going to have to work hard to ham it up!

After leaving Blythe, I met up with my husband for a bite to eat (I had the usual; 6 oz grilled salmon, 3/4 c rice, steamed veggies...I'll be glad when I change things up a bit!) and then finished up all my last minute shopping. I got the props for my fitness model outfit; a whistle and soccer ball. I got all the detailed jewelry and embellishments for my suit. I popped into GNC to grab some vitamins and water pills for my water depletion tomorrow and picked up a couple sponges to use to apply my basecoat of tan.

Tonight, I'll do a quick round of HIIT, have a light dinner and try and relax...although, I do run a business and the work is piling up all around me; I'll probably spend a few hours catching up in my home office. I'm thankful to have such an amazing team of teachers and staff at the preschool who have helped keep things running smoothly as I have prepared for this competition. I'll have to remember to really show my gratitude next week after all this madness ends. :o)

So that's it for Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment