Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Competition Recap

So... no pictures yet, but as soon as I get them I'll post!

My day started at 7am with my final coat of Pro-tan and then getting my hair and makeup done. We had a competitors meeting at 9am; they talked to us about our mandatory poses, our stage walk and the order of events. Pre-judging began at 10:30 My Debut class was the third group to go on stage. There were 18 of us (HUGE CLASS) They had to split us up into two groups on stage to compare us. They didn't split us up by height for this class, us tall girls didn't have a prayer! LOL!

My fitness model class was in the middle, again, it was a larger class, maybe 12 of us. Everyone looked really great! I had a lot of fun with this group!

Novice Tall was my final class, there were 15 girls in this class and everyone looked phenomenal! To qualify for Novice, you just have to have never won first place in the class...so there were women in the class who this was there 4,5,6th show and they had been training for YEARS. One woman I talked to said that she trained for 2 years before getting the guts to compete and then trained for 1 year to get ready for this show. The top five seriously looked amazing and deserved to place!

We took a break at 2 and I went and had tacos, chips and queso with Marty, my SIL and my niece. The three of them came to pre-judging and were such a HUGE support to me! Marty and I picked Marissa up and she came to the 5pm show.

I was back at 4pm to get my tan touched up and my hair and makeup refreshed. 5pm the show started, we each walked out in numeric order to do our stage walk. I was #19 and my song was "Clap Your Hands" by Sia. I felt great. Seeing all my friends in the first row felt amazing! I was seriously moved to tears to see everyone there with their shirts and just shouting and smiling and clapping while I had my 90sec on stage!

After all 97 contestants (yeah my family and friends sat through all that!) They did finals and awards. I didn't place in anything, but after meeting the other contestants and hearing how long they worked and how long they've been at this, the girls that placed did AMAZING! I know that I did great! I felt very confident and I was the best ME. I'm very very happy with the experience.

I never went in this to win first place at the show, that wouldn't have been realistic. I've lost 50lbs, I'm in incredible shape and I'm thrilled with the results. I'm not sure if I'll ever do this again, but I definitely have some new goals for my body! I think we can always improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment