Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Whole New Wardrobe

Let me just say that I am so glad that I held on to all my "skinny girl clothes". I'm back down to a weight I haven't seen since before having kids and it feels pretty darn good to walk into my closets and pick ANYTHING out and it fit or better yet (they are a little loose!). No longer do I struggle to find something to wear or something that I feel "comfortable" or "confident" in. I feel like I am putting together new outfits every single day because I'm pulling clothes out that I haven't worn in years (thank God most of it is timeless and still fashionable!)

Last weekend, at the beach house, I went through a ton of spring/summer clothes and brought up an entire suitcase of shorts, capris, and tops that I haven't worn since my days of just dating my husband! They all fit so well and now that I have the "mama curves" I think that they look even better! Today, I slid into a pair of jeans that have been sitting in the "donate" pile for almost 4 years. Not only did I easily slip them on, but I have a little space between my thighs! How's that for an ego boost!?!?!

I want to purge all my "big girl" clothes. I want to burn them and promise to never look back! It is certainly a huge motivator to not gain the weight back. I'll keep my body in shape so that I don't have to spend a fortune clothing myself if I were to get heavy again! I like that logic! Of course, watching the pounds fall off makes me itch for a little shopping spree, but I'm currently satisified by being able to fit into all these clothes I've held on to. Besides, I know I'll definitely shed more pounds and inches, so I'll wait until I reach my ultimate goal and see about doing some shopping then! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment