Pages

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tears of Joy

I saw a number on the scale today that I haven't seen since before I had kids. I know I'm not supposed to lose anymore weight, but I realized today, that I have finally hit my goal weight and even if I never lost another pound, I'm completely thrilled with where I am! It's been 10 months and I've lost 40lbs! I can't believe it! It just goes to show that you can conquer anything if you put your mind to it and get it done!

I have been smiling all day; and I think people noticed it! I got tons of compliments and comments on how tiny my waist is and how thin and tone I'm looking! Its like everyone was standing in my bathroom with me this morning as I stepped on the scale! How did they know?!?!? Ha ha ha!

I'm going to hang out at this weight for now and I know that I'll lose more as I get closer to the competition date. I will be honest though, I would be happy if I stopped now. I would be completely content if I just maintained this and didn't do the competition...except for this incredible desire to finish what I started and get on that stage and shout (or think) to the world (the judges) "Go ahead and judge me! I've worked damn hard!" :o)

I will admit, I got teary this morning. Over lunch my husband and I did the math and when I realized that I've actually lost 40 LBS, I just felt like bursting with pride. I feel almost boastful, but I've worked so hard...I can't help it!

"I am the captain of my fate, I am the master of my soul!" That quote rings so true today; I am absolutely capable of anything I put my mind to!

No comments:

Post a Comment