Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Helping Others

The last several days have been a whirlwind! My training is still going strong and although my nutrition plan wasn't strictly enforced this weekend (tisk tisk), I didn't do too terribly. I need to remind myself to get rid of those large canisters of Peanut M&Ms and Mike and Ikes at our beach house...

Last week I had mentioned how supportive all of our family has been about my goals and how everyone has began to show a true interest in the training and nutrition plans that I am following. Granted, my training and nutrition plan is specifically designed for me and it would probably not suit someone else who's goals are very different than mine; I was still happy to discuss my regimen. I realized that I really enjoy sharing these experiences with people. A couple of my family members and friends even started to ask me advice about their workouts and diet. I have a very BASIC understanding of fitness and nutrition, but I shared what little I do know. I found that sharing my knowledge, answering questions and giving advice motivates me even more!

I even met up with my sister-in-law at her gym to show her how to use the machines properly and I shared an old workout routine with her that I used about a year ago. She said she finally feels like she is working out with a purpose rather than just wandering aimlessly around the gym and not really even knowing what muscles she was working. I felt so good knowing that I was able to share things with her and help her improve her workouts and her health!

So... anyone that knows Alice Anne, knows where this is going... I'm thinking about getting my personal training certification. :) I am sitting here giggling at myself at even the thought of this! I'm happy to say that my initial goal was to go back to school and get another degree in health and fitness, specifically nutrition, but realized that I should probably start with just a certification to see if this is something I truly love. Ha ha ha! Can I ever just do something for fun? Probably not, I have to run with it and take things as far as I can. This is fun for me though! I'm a teacher by nature...I can't help myself.

"In helping others, we shall help ourselves, for whatever good we give out completes the circle and comes back to us."
Flora Edwards

Before I get too far ahead of myself, I'm not losing sight on my main goal right now, which is training for a Women's Figure Competition. With the date being set as Aug. 14th, that gives me time to focus on my goal, work hard and see how I do. After that, I can rest and reflect on this journey and do some deep soul searching before taking the next step to certification in the fall of 2010. I have absolutely no intention of stopping my work in the Early Childhood Education field, I'm just stretching out and exploring some other passions and talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment