Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

This week is off to a great start!!!

I was so excited about my workouts this week because my workout buddy, Lisa, is back! My niece, Kasey, worked out with us too! It was just a great feeling to have each other and help push each other throughout the workouts. We worked out together both yesterday and today. Monday, we did Chest and Back and Abs. Because Kasey is a strong runner, we followed her lead as we did High Intensity Cardio training on the treadmill. We did a five minute warm up and then alternated 1 minute sprints with 2 minute inclined walking for duration of the 30 minute cardio session. Whew! I was wiped out!

I was so happy that I had a massage scheduled for 10 AM yesterday. Normally, I do deep tissue, but that's not so great when working your muscles in strength training. I was sore! So my therapist worked a lot with stretching and muscle relaxation. The goal was to get blood circulation moving and help relieve tension, tightness and muscle pain. I felt like a million bucks afterwards (probably didn't look so great!) but I felt relaxed and I was able to get through the rest of my day feeling refreshed.

For today's workout, we did Legs and Glutes followed by 30 minutes on the elipitcal machine. For April's workout, I'm doing lots of supersets (where you go from one exercise to the next without a break) Today we supersetted leg extentions and prone curls after doing the seated leg press and hyperextensions. With supersets, you really feel the burn and your heartrate is up! We also supersetted abducations and adductions. It was a quick workout (only lasted about 40 minutes) but I find that when I push my legs hard, it doesn't take much. One thing to remember is that when working legs, you're really working many large muscles in your body. Its going to take a lot of energy and even a short workout can leave you exhausted! When we got on the elipitical machine, I wasn't sure I would be able to do 30 minutes, but Lisa and I got to chatting and it was over in no time!

Tomorrow is a much needed rest day! Since the weather is nice, I might do some running/walking outside. The spring weather is so motivating! Reminds me that summer is just around the corner and I want to be ready for the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment