Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stress Sucks

If I had to name one element of this entire process that keeps me from being my best it would hands down be STRESS. For the most part, I'm super motivated and feeling really great about everything that I'm doing. I'm seeing a steady progression in my work (sometimes it feels like its not happening fast enough), I feel good about working out, I'm loving my nutrition plan and overall, I'm really happy with everything.

Then that nasty feeling of stress/anxiety creeps in and I'm totally derailed! During this journey of health and fitness, I'm not just working on what I am on the outside, I'm equally pouring diligent efforts to change who I am on the inside. I want to be the confident, self-assured person that I pose to be every day. The truth is, in 2009, I hit an all time low when it came to my confidence, self-esteem and inner strength. I made a lot of mistakes both personally and professionally. I'm haunted by those mistakes every day.

Simple fact: Stress Sucks

Its sucks the life out of you! It rips away motivation and focus and just leaves one feeling completely deflated! Today's workout, I felt "flat". I couldn't do the weights that I was doing just last week for the same exercises. I was slower, sluggish, heavy. I attribute it to a crappy week, high stress and hard knocks (I even got called for jury duty this week!)

The beauty of this journey is that I'm giving myself a complete make-over! I can't change the past, but I can certainly direct my life from this day forward! I do feel stronger, more confident, more in control and so much better about myself and my life. Working out helps relieve stress and focusing on my health and fitness gives me a tangible goal to work towards that gives visual results!

Tomorrow is a new day. Deep breaths; focus on the good and just keep chugging along.

No comments:

Post a Comment