Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Two Week Challenge

In an attempt to break a plateau and shed a few pounds before a wedding I'm attending in September, I'm going to be doing a 2 week Clean Eating challenge.  This is not for the weak at heart, feel free to join me if you think you can handle it. 

For the next two weeks, I will eat 6 small meals each day made up for complex carbs from fruits and vegetables paired with lean protein.  I will drink only water or herbal tea- no sweeteners and I will avoid dairy, juice, bread, salad dressings, spreads and high sodium foods.  I will not eat anything processed or refined and I will use only herbs and Mrs. Dash as seaonings. 

I eat pretty clean already, so this shouldn't be too different from what I normally eat, but it will require that I not allow myself daily indulgences. 

Today's shopping list:

Whole Grains:
Oats
Millet
Brown Rice

Produce:
Apples
Asparagus
Bok Choy
Broccoli
Celery
Cherry Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Kale
Lemons
Pears
Radishes
Romaine Lettuce
Spinach
Sprouts
Sweet Potatoes
Tomatoes
Zucchini

Proteins:
eggs
Chicken
Salmon
Water-packed, canned tuna
turkey
protein powder

Misc.
Balsamic Vinegar
Herbal Tea

So there you have it.  I'll keep you posted.  If you're interested in joining me, just email me :)  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment