Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

One year ago today...

I was walking across stage wearing a teeny tiny bikini and showing the world (well at least the greater Washington DC area) that I had worked hard, reached my goals and felt better about myself and my body than I had ever felt in my entire life! 

I'm about 15lbs heavier than I was a year ago, and I'm "ok" with that.  I feel healthy and happy and I realize that participating in that competition was one of the greatest things I could have ever done for myself.  I have a true respect and understanding for myself and my body and I know that I can do ANYTHING when I put my mind to it and work hard!  I went through not only a major physical transformation, but also a mental and emotional change and I am so much better for it all!

Do I ever think I'll compete again?  Probably not.  It was something I had to do at that point in my life; I overcame personal obstacles and regained control of myself, but being a Figure Competitor is not a lifelong path for me although I'm happy that I did it ONCE, I don't ever see myself doing it again. 

A special thanks to my best friend and husband, Marty, for supporting me, pushing me and encouraging me to be my very best for ME!  To my dear friend and trainer, Blythe, for giving me the tools and training to reach my goals successfully!  To my best friends, Kelly, Michelle, Morgan and Megan for listening to cries, complaints and woes over my cravings for "junk food" and for coming out to cheer me on; you four were the best cheerleaders a girl could ask for!  And to my friends, blog followers and everyone that noticed the huge transformation, gave me compliments and support; thanks for all the encouragement and interest in my endeavors!

I'll post 1 year pics later...  THANKS EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment