Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Carving time out for me!

As the school year approaches and a couple changes/additions to our family, I'm finding it more difficult to find time for my daily workouts. To me, there is no such thing as "no time to workout". If working out is a priority, then you MAKE time for it. Its just that simple. It means you sacrifice something else. Maybe you sleep an hour less, go to bed a little later, skip your lunch hour to get a power hour class, whatever, you MAKE the time!

My time is going to be 4:30am. I'm going to get up before everyone else, get to the gym and get home just in time to get everyone started for their day. I think that this is the best option for me and my family's sanity.

This morning, I did a trial run to see how it would feel to get up that early. I know that one morning is going to feel a lot different than consistently getting up at 4:30am, but I've got to start somewhere and hopefully I'll get into the groove. I got to the gym a little after 5am, got a good solid workout (40 minutes lifting and 20 minutes HIIT) and was home just as my son was coming up the stairs from his bedroom. I had to wake my daughter up for breakfast and my husband was out the door at his preferred time for work. :) It all worked out! I was able to have breakfast with the kids, get ready for work and get them both dressed, lunches packed and out the door with no stress at all!

I'm going to work very hard to get into this routine. I NEED THIS! This is MY time and MY priority is to be healthy and in good shape! Here's hoping I can keep this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment