Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Getting the hang of it!

I was bright-eyed and bushy tailed at 4:30am this morning. It was barely light outside as I gathered my gym gear and headed to the gym. I'll confess that yesterday I was unable to pry myself out of bed, but in my defense, it was Monday. Next week's goal is to tackle Monday head on and start the week off right!

This morning's workout felt great! I focused on Chest, Triceps, Shoulders and Abs, followed by 20 minutes of HIIT. I felt a little sick to my stomach around 17 minutes (the final interval) but I pushed through, was able to recover very quickly and left feeling exceptionally proud of myself and ready to start the day.

At 6:30am I was having a peaceful breakfast with my two children and glad that the workout was behind me and that I could go about my day without any guilt that I had missed yet another workout.

The woman at the counter said, "it takes a special breed to come in this early to workout." my answer to her..."yeah, it's called a busy mom."

So I'm getting the hang of the early morning routine and fully admit that I enjoy it, ONCE I get going. I need to have something that JOLTS me in the morning and makes me remember how good 6am feels after a workout.

This is still only week #2, how many days do they say it takes before it becomes a habit? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment