Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Early Start...Early Finish

Well, there was bound to be some negative aspects about getting up so early in the morning.  This morning, I was awake at 3:45am...that really sucks.  I would have loved to have had 45 more minutes of sleep, but I knew that if I fell back asleep, there was no way I would want to get out of bed at my 4:30 alarm call.  (That's what happened yesterday; tragic for my Tuesday morning workout...I didn't make it in to the gym)

So here I am at 1pm and I can barely keep my head off my desk.  I'm t.i.r.e.d.  Got that?  That means really tired.  I've eaten well today, stayed on track, had my healthy breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and plan on having a sensible dinner.  I'll probably crawl into bed around 8pm, would love to make it to bed earlier, but alas...I do have children to tend to :)

My husband has been chuckling at me today, saying perhaps I should rethink the early morning routine.  I'm pulling for an in-office overstuffed couch.  Doesn't that sound lovely?  Ahhhh...sweet mid-day dreams.  What I would give for an afternoon nap right about now. 

I suppose my plans for getting up early, jump starting my metabolism and getting a head start to a busy day have been squashed.  I'm not getting any extra hours in the day; I barely have enough energy to get through the day to be honest.  Maybe my body will adjust in a week or so, otherwise, don't be surprised if you see me out shopping for comfy furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment