Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

A Special Breed

The desk person at the gym this morning says to me, "It takes a special breed to come in at this hour."  I smiled and said, "Yeah, its called a busy mom!"  LOL! 

I am really loving the early bird routine and I'm incredibly proud for prying myself out of bed this morning.  4:30AM is UGLY (repeat from other blog) but I know that the rewards will be well worth it!  I just feel great!  I've never felt this good in a routine.  I don't truly feel like I'm sacrificing anything to go work out at that hour, in fact, I just feel more motivated. 

I think 4:15AM is going to be a more realistic time for me to get up in the morning in the next couple weeks.  I am just having a hard enough time getting out the door and I know when the puppy, cold weather, etc is added to the mix, I'm really going to have a difficult time getting my act together and getting to the gym in time to have a full hour workout.  I can't compromise the time, getting an hour workout in that meets the intensity and allows for enough recovery time and cardio time is challenging, anything shorter than that and I'm afraid I wouldn't be doing enough. 

My goal this week is to get to the gym BY 5AM M-F.  Monday is down, so 4 more to go!  I got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment