Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

"You're TOO skinny!"

So the comments begin...

I understand that to many people I probably didn't look like I had a lot of weight to lose. The truth is, I've perfected deception thanks to my fashion skills. LOL! I wore a lot of just below the knee skirts, cardigans, layers, cinched belts, high heels, etc. If it made you LOOK skinny, I owned it.

As the weight has come off, so have the layers of clothing. I'm wearing shorts; and they aren't even BERMUDAS; they are real 3 in inseam shorts! I wear tank tops (without the cardigan to hide the granny triceps) and I find that I'm showing a lot more skin than I used to. This could also be attributed to the record heat we're having here in Maryland...

As people see me, they are starting to make comments like, "are you sure this is healthy?" or "You're getting too small." or "I'm not sure I want to see you lose more weight..." Ummm, that's nice... The reality is, I'm actually VERY healthy. Its taken me a good year to lose the weight, which probably means, I'll keep it off. I'm training hard, but that's for a COMPETITION, I won't always be carb cycling and flipping tractor tires.

I didn't completely cut carbs out of diet, I eat healthy from the earth foods, and I stronger, more fit and sleeping better than I ever have in my entire life. Where are the negative side effects (aside from the mood swings on my low carb days)? Overall, I think I'm doing pretty damn good!

I'm at about 120lbs now, some days I'm up a few pounds, but I expect to lose another 8 lbs in the next 4 weeks. I'm averaging about 2lbs a week in loss. That's going to put me at just about the smallest I've been in my adult life. I recognize that this is not a state that I will keep myself; this is ONLY for the competition. That's why competitors take a break afterwards, put 10lbs back on and go back to a higher body fat percentage. I understand this and I don't plan on maintaining the low body fat after the competition. I think where I'm at RIGHT NOW TODAY is where I feel comfortable and happy for every day life.

My clothes are going to look big for the next couple weeks, but I'm not ill, I'm not fading away, I'm just in prep mode. In my workout gear, I look much fuller and developed. Its a mental game and optical illusion! LOL!

Don't lose faith in me. I promise I've been healthy in doing this and I FEEL healthy and AMAZING! Its hard work, but it really is the best thing that I could do for my body right now! I'm clean, I'm lean and HEALTHY!

2 comments:

  1. Don't let those people bring you down girl! You are doing this as healthfully as you possibly can! A two pound a week loss is PERFECT! You are a lean, mean, health machine. Love you girl, I will not ever lose faith in YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know you're being healthy about this. Of course, I'm well aware of competition weight loss. Ibis does it ALL THE TIME for his mixed martial arts fighting. You don't look too skinny. You look healthy, your skin is glowing and most important, you are happy.

    ReplyDelete