Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Two-a-days

Tomorrow begins the next phase of my training. I'm going to two-a-days. I will continue to work out with Blythe on Wednesdays and Thursdays, but now I will also be adding two-a-days three additional days. I'm not sure I'll always stick to the same three days; I may do Monday, Tuesday, Friday and have weekends off, or I may take Tuesdays or Fridays off and workout on Saturday. Not sure; we'll have to see what life has in store.

The plan is for me to do HIIT training all three of those days in the morning and then strength train in the evenings. Ideally, the strength training will be a full body workout. I'm looking into taking one of those Body Pump classes or Boot Camp classes at my gym since they work the entire body in an hour. However, if I'm too sore from my workouts with Blythe, I'll have to modify it so that I don't burn out or injure a body group.

When Blythe gave me my instructions, I of course told her that I would do whatever she said. I started to have questions about the reasoning. Not that I questioned her, but I wanted to know and understand the process; so I asked. Hey, its my body, I should know what's going on, right?

Blythe explained to me that we don't have time for my body to plateau and then make adjustments, I need to be one step ahead and confuse my body and make it work harder. So I'll be increasing my caloric intake and expenditure. I only have 5 weeks to go and so I need to make sure that in these last 5 weeks I tap into critical fat and turn my body into a fat burning FURNACE!

I'm really excited about starting my two-a-days and I'm even more excited to see the changes in my body during this last month! I can do this!

2 comments:

  1. Body Pump or 24 Lift. I do it 3 times a week! It's awesome!! Keep up the good work. You're looking pretty darn good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man that brings me back to high school - getting ready for hockey season! Two-a-days!! You can definitely do this! You have come so far...these last few weeks are just the icing on the cake. :)

    ReplyDelete