Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Emotional Roller Coaster

I'm a pretty emotional person on a normal day, but this carb cycling is kicking my butt! I go from happy-go-lucky to tears in 5 seconds flat. High carb days are hard for me because I'm cramming 150g of carbs down my throat before 4pm. Medium carb days are my easy days; I don't have to think about it so much, I'm not stuffing myself, and I'm usually feeling pretty good. Low carb days are hard. Its not even about being hungry. Its more just feeling tired and irritable. Low carb day #2 is HELL. I feel cranky, jumpy, weepy and easily distracted. It doesn't feel good at all.

I'll admit that I can usually snap myself out of it, take some deep breaths, spend some time alone; whatever it takes to get myself back in check. However, some days are really hard. Working full time, raising two small children, running a business, managing people, answering questions, etc...its piles up and even on my GREAT days it can be a lot. So when all that hits on a really low carb day I just pray that I don't say or do anything that will create damage.

On Tuesday, I was EXHAUSTED. I ended up taking a day off from training. (Falling asleep while standing up against a classroom wall was the indicator that my body was drained). Wednesday I worked out hard, but I had high carbs and I felt good; I slept hard. Today, back to low carbs and I'm feeling sluggish and quite irritable. Its low carbs for the weekend too...Lord help me! Thankfully, I'm having some quiet time at the beach. I have some girlfriends coming to hang out; no husbands and no kids...this should be relaxing! I just hope my mood stays calm and that I'm able to keep myself in good spirits. I should be able to! Girls, I'm asking for forgiveness ahead of time ;o)

I'm getting a little sick from the emotional roller coaster, but I keep telling myself that this is a small window of time in my life and I can get through this! I haven't worked this hard, this long, to crumble in the last month! I'm hanging on for dear life and I'm thankful for all my friends and family for tolerating me during this journey!

2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine what you're going through but you only have 4 weeks left!!!!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!! Just think of how much you've inspired so many people and let things roll of your back. I believe in you!!!!

    ReplyDelete