Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Posing Class Success!

On Sunday I attended a Posing Class with Blythe and three other competitors at Athens Health Club. I was sooooo nervous! The other three women are preparing for the Charm City Classic, an OCB competition in October. I was impressed that they attended a posing class 3 months before their competition. I was also surprised that we were all so tall! It gave me hope that I wasn't going to look like such a giant at the competition (being that I have been a good 4-5 inches taller than anyone I've met previously!) Seeing that there are other taller girls competing was like taking in a big breath of fresh air.


We practiced our line up, four quarter turn mandatory poses and then did our stage walk (T-walk) I was happy I brought my music because I was able to practice and make note that my song's beat is a little fast so I need to make sure that I really slow my walk down and not speed through my routine.

During the class, I realized just how subjective this sport really is; all four of us had very very different bodies. One lady had incredible abs; unlike any I've ever seen in person. One woman's legs were solid rocks and just looked amazing; the other had shoulders with beautiful caps. I might be on the smaller side when it comes to muscle mass, but I'm definitely proportioned nicely and I think that will be my strong suit.

We all fumbled along and made lots of mistakes, but we also made lots of improvements in that short amount of time. I definitely feel more confident in my transtions, my grace, my stage presence and my posing. :)

19 days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment