Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Great workout and making progress!

I worked out with Blythe again today. We worked shoulders and arms and I must say, I'm TIRED and SORE! Really getting a burn makes that 45 minute drive out to see her totally worth it! I feel like I get a lot out of our workouts and she's really great to work with. We have a lot in common so it makes me feel comfortable and less intimidated (even though she's a pro competitor and has been doing this a long time).

We started out with HIIT training on the treadmill, only 20 minutes, but I definitely felt like I was busting tail! We then moved on to strength training and I learned some great new exercises to work the shoulders and arms, and I'm already feeling it! Triceps are a hard muscle for me to work. I never felt like I got a good burn, but after doing the exercises today, I could really feel them working hard! Blythe showed me the proper form on a lot of exercises I already knew how to do (or so I thought) and you'd be amazed by how just adjusting your form a hair can really increase a burn!

After the workout, I showed her how I've been working on my quarter turns. I think I've got the foot work done, but this week I'm really going to work on my hands and finding my positions gracefully and without hesitation. I'm starting to feel more and more confident and I'm happy with the progress I'm making; I'll definitely take more pictures in the next few days to show how I'm leaning out and seeing more definition.

Another big change that I'm doing is that I'm logging all my food and activity into www.fitday.com It's such a great website. Its comparable to www.411fit.com except that Blythe perfers that I use Fit Day because it is what she's familiar with and its easy for her to compare and offer suggestions regarding my nutrition. Right now, my nutrition plan is at 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat. I'm not quite that accurate; I'm usually around 35% protein, 35% carbs and 25% fat. Blythe says, that's pretty darn good, so I'll take it!

So, I'm getting used to my new tracking system, I'm working out as hard as I can and my nutrition is going great. I'm still fumbling around with the poses and walking, but I'm confident that in a couple weeks, I'll feel pretty good about that too.

I'm just going to keep chugging along...

No comments:

Post a Comment