Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Education and Experience

As I get closer to my competition, I'm trying to educate and prepare myself so that I have realistic expectations. I've been watching videos of competitions, speaking with people that have personal experience (special thanks to Kelly G., Blythe, Meghan, Amie and Christine!) and reading just about every thing out there about Figure competitions. There is so much to learn and I'm feeling overwhelmed and nervous!

Anyone that knows me knows that when I participate in something, I want to do it well! I am trying to keep in perspective that this is a subjective sport and it is possible that I might not meet the expectations of the judges. That's OK! I'm already a winner for my own personal goals and accomplishments!

I know I'm on the smaller side when it comes to muscularity, but I'm new; I've never lifted like this before and this really is my first rodeo. I just need to practice, push, and persevere. If I continue to participate in shows...it could be several before I place, if ever!

I'm going to start working on my poses and stage presence every day now. I want to get that down so that I look graceful, elegant and CONFIDENT! I'm also planning on attending a show in June. I think seeing it all in person will give me a better understanding.

My nerves are already soaring high...I can't imagine what I'm going to be like in a couple months!

1 comment:

  1. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I love you! She's still cheering you on and supporting you, even though she may not be here.

    ReplyDelete