Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jumping Back In

After spending two days at a training conference for my preschool, I am feeling a little bit more like myself and ready to get back into strength training and compeition prep! I know that having those couple of days last week to let things soak in, grieve, sort and come to terms with everything is just what I needed.

I made my way out to see Blythe this morning and she trained with me working our legs and glutes. It was a hard workout! We did a lot on lunges, reverse lunges, squats, extensions and then some hamstring work. I was SHAKING. I really felt that my time (and hers!) was utilized very well! The simplest exercises, done in high intesity and good form, stressed my muscles, gave a great burn and also left me feeling pumped up that I have given it my all!

After the workout, we went into posing. I admit, it didn't get any easier since last time. The hardest part for me are my transitions during my quarter turns. Blythe, of course, makes it look effortless and graceful. I, on the other hand, look like a complete clown that has no business wearing 5 in. heels!

Blythe then showed me what my stage walk or "t" walk should look like. I felt comfortable watching her demonstrate it and quietly thought to myself, "I WILL practice this...as SOON as I get HOME." Nope, Blythe turns to me and says, "your turn!" As if I wasn't nervous and self conscious enough, her husband, John walks in just in time to see me in action! I was literally sick to my stomach.

So I did my first stage walk, feeling completely like an ass, trying desperately to remember everything (make your back wide, walk slowly, be graceful, smile, look confident, don't trip, quarter turns, 4 poses, walk to the side, CROSS THE LEG when walking to the other side, walk S L O W L Y, smile, relax the hands...)my mind was going to explode! They both gave me some pointers and suggestions and then put Lady Gaga's "Just Dance" on and I did the whole thing again. I think that the second time was better, but I've got a loooooong way to go!

I didn't get any pictures this time, but I think there was definitely some improvement since I last saw Blythe and John three weeks ago. I am making it a point to practice EVERY DAY and get those quarter turns down! I think once I master those, I'll feel more confident.

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee! I wish I could watch you practice! LOL. I'm sure you're doing so much better than you think. Glad to hear your doing better. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete