Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Awesome Day!

Today I had a meeting with fitness trainers/competitors, Blythe Alberg-Puskarich and John Puskarich. WOW! What amazing people! They are just the cutest couple and you can tell that they are both extremely passionate about health and fitness.

I met with Blythe to begin working on my stage presence and posing. When I first arrived, she wanted to hear my "story" (why did I start working out, what are my goals, etc) and then we talked about my training programs and my nutrition. She was extrememly pleased with my programs and she felt like I was 100% on track. She made a few suggestions and then introduced me to John. John measured me (waist, hips, body fat) and talked to me a little bit about my journey and offered a lot of support, suggestions and encouragement.

Blythe and I then went to the group exercise room and jumped right into figure posing. She said that I could have a rockin' body, but that if I didn't know how to present it, I wouldn't do well in my competition. She worked for about 30 minutes on the four poses, quarter turns and stage presence. Let me tell you...IT IS HARD! You have to flex, but not look stiff like you're flexing. You have to smile, show your curves and muscles, look relaxed, be elegant and graceful. All this, in a bikini, in front of judges and an audience...and did I mention the 5" heels with the 1" platform? HOLY HELL! Its hours later and I'm sore! Here are some pictures taken with my iPhone. They aren't great; this was my FIRST time ever posing. I have A LOT to learn!


At the end of the posing lessons, the three of us spent a lot of time talking. John told me my body measurements and I was thrilled to learn that I've lost 6% body fat in 6 weeks (based on my last reading) and I haven't really lost weight so that means I'm building muscle mass! YAY! Blythe and I started talking about where to order my suit (she suggested http://www.passionfruitdesigns.com/) and I'm hoping to be working with John and Blythe much more in the next 14 weeks!

John even asked if I would be interested in posing for a fitness calendar that would showcase people's before and after pictures. I think that's a really neat idea to show how someone has changed their lifestyle and body!

I feel really motivated, excited and rewarded! I was beginning to feel like I wasn't making any progress. This was such a great experience for me and I'm glad to know that I'm on track!

Check out Blythe's podcasts at http://www.cutthefatpodcast.com/

4 comments:

  1. I'm sore and cramping just looking at your pictures! On the other hand - you look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ronnie! I look so much "chunkier" in these photos! LOL! Everyone is probably thinking...that girl isn't in shape at all! LOL! I promise, its just a bad angle! Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't look "chunkier" although I know what you mean! haha. I see photos of me sometimes and I'm like holy cow do I need to hit the gym harder?? lol. I might be able to see you strut your stuff at your competition. Thinking twice about the marathon in August in Texas. Over 100 degrees temperature and running that many miles?! I might wait til October! :)

    ReplyDelete