Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Solemates


I love this picture (Sweaty Betty and all); these are my girls...my besties, my solemates.  This picture was taken at mile 8 of the Annapolis 10-Miler this past August.  Today, I am up early, eating well, and packing for my Girls' Weekend in NYC...Jessica and I are going to support Kathy and Heather, as well as a few other friends, as they run the NYC Marathon!  I think it's going to actually happen this year!  I can't wait to see my dear friends cross that finish line.  I've done so many runs with them, talked about hurt knees, hurt hips, sore feet, the latest running fashion trends, carb loading, running shoes, compression socks, shock blocks, jelly beans, and hills (OH THE HILLS!) over the years that I could not imagine not being there as they finish this race.  I am so fortunate that I've made such amazing friends through this love, or rather obsession, of running!

Sharing a passion, supporting one another and cheering each other on; that's real.  That's friendship.  I've learned so many life lessons through running, and from my dear friends.  Life really is a marathon.  Not every mile is going to feel great, but it is an experience.  We can either let it slow us down, break us, or push us to do better on the next mile.  Every fellow runner has a challenge they are working to overcome and every person is on their own journey and as friends and fellow runners, we get to catch of glimpse of their journey while we travel along side them on our own.  Some days it feels near impossible to lace up, but we do.  When we finish a hard run, we aren't disappointed we did it, we're just glad it's over and we're thinking about our next one.  When we finish a good run, we could shout from the rooftops and our friends are beaming too because they are proud of you.  Being a runner isn't about being the fastest, or the strongest, or winning races or breaking PRs, at least not all the time, it's about feeling something deep in your soul and knowing that no matter what, every step forward is a step worth taking.

I love you, girls!  More than you'll ever know (and yes, I really do use the word LOVE)

NEW YORK CITY HERE WE COME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment