Pages

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Going Gluten-Free

I am not a fan of fad diets.  I've been honest in that I don't believe in crash dieting, lemonade detoxes, zero carb, drink my calorie crazes that result in quick weight loss and even faster bad habit binging.  My entire philosophy is not about weight loss, but more about healthy living. 

I have done Whole Food Detoxes, but not for weight loss, more just to see how the foods and routine would affect my system.  I've gained a ton of incredible recipes from http://wholehealthdesigns.com/  I love her 10 day detoxes!  She gives you fabulous recipes with REAL FOOD, tips and advice for healthy living.  I do a modified version of the detoxes every season and each time, I've come away with something positive (and it has never been about losing lbs)

Almost 3 weeks ago, my trainer Blythe and I decided to try going Gluten Free.  I will be the first to admit that whenever I read a label that said, "Gluten Free" my first reaction was, "ewww, gross."  I told you, I'm not very mature.  I was so scared to try this.  I was afraid that it meant I couldn't eat anything.  I feared that finding foods I could eat would be difficult.  What I learned is that I actually don't eat a lot of gluten anyway.  Modifying my diet wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and I have, to my surprise, completely enjoyed this experience! 

My skin has completely cleared up (I've had terrible bouts of Cystic Acne since entering my 30s), my energy level has increased, I'm never bloated, or feeling a "Carb Hangover" and I really enjoy all the experimenting with new recipes and dishes I've been trying.  Blythe asked me last week if I wanted to start adding gluten back into my diet.  Without even a blink of an eyelash, I answered, "No, I really like how I feel.  I'll stick with it."  I'm going to do my best to keep a Gluten Free diet/lifestyle, but I know that in moderation, I'll be ok with it every once in a while. 

I'm SO happy I tried it and loving the results I see from it.  I've spoken to many other people that have moved towards GF and they've all had similar results.  I think I need to do a little more research as to why this has been so effective for people.  Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment