Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

NYC Marathon Weekend Recap

It was simply amazing. I stuck to my diet plan (high protein, no gluten, and lots of veggies) I did have 2 skinny girl margaritas on Friday night, but other than that, I was SPOT ON!

 
As spectators of the marathon, my sister-in-law Jessica and I traveled all over the city trying to catch our friends at different mile markers. Her and I did over 15 miles, 3500 calories, and over 30,000 steps (coming out to about 167 VIGOROUS/ACTIVE minutes) That does not include the cab rides, train rides, bus stops and just normal tourist walking; 15 miles of WORK! We worked our BUTTS off yesterday! I came home weighing less than I did Friday; which is pretty impressive considering it was a full on girls' weekend and I roomed with 5 women who were carb loading; yes, room filled with bagels, pasta, breads, bananas, apples, etc...all things I LOVE and cannot eat right now!

We ate at amazing restaurants and passed yummy smelling street vendors and temptation was everywhere...but I held strong. I did not for one minute feel like I deprived myself or that I did not enjoy my time, i'm training for MY LIFE. I did what I needed to do for me and recognized that they were doing what they needed to do to fuel themselves and their goals. Watching the marathon and being there for my friends was probably one of the greatest experiences and don't be surprised when you see me training for mine next year...I've got the marathon bug!

So there you have it...one of my greatest weekends ever! Life is all about choices folks; being fit and healthy does not mean sacrificing what you enjoy in life, in fact, I think I would have pooped out and not been able to keep up with the weekend had I not gone in with a plan and healthy mindset!

No comments:

Post a Comment