Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Stick to it!

So my alarm went off at 3:45am.  That's never pretty.  I tip toe around my house, using the flashlight on my phone.  Millle (my pup) follows me around, stretching, yawning, trying to coax me back to the bed so she can have a good scratch.  But I manage to get dressed, brushed my teeth, take my vitamins and collect all my gym necessities. 

I'm standing at the fridge filling up my water bottle when a small black mouse runs across my kitchen floor. (oh the joys of living in the woods!) Screams seem much louder when the house is dark and quiet.  I'm not sure my family appreciated that wake up call.  My heart was pounding and I thought, "thats much too much excitement this morning...let's call it a day."  but I packed up and headed out the door. 

Driving down the road, I realize my car is literally running on fumes.  Its starting to sputter.  OYE!  Nothing like stopping for fuel at 4am.  Is it just me or do all gas stations look like they belong in thriller films when it's dark outside?  $100 later, and only 3/4 tank full, I continue my 7 mile trek to the gym.  You would think my brain would have been alert by now and convinced me to go back home and get to bed!

I get to the gym's parking garage, up one level, two levels, three levels, park.  I get out...what?  Where's the walkway?  YIKES!  I went up one too many floors.  Back to the car and get a parking spot on the correct floor.  Clearly, I am not awake!  Why am I not in bed????

I walk into the gym, Stephanie is waiting for me.  Smile as bright as 4:30am allows and off we go to have a killer leg workout. 

Moral of the story...yeah, lots of things can go wrong, lots of things suck, lots of things make you want to pull the covers back over your head, but NOTHING feels as great as a workout complete and knowing that you stuck to your plan and got it done!


1 comment:

  1. When my alarm went off, I thought I was crazy! But then I was reminded that this is something for me! Something that allows me to be an example for my children that with hard work, determination, and a NO QUIT attitude= I CAN DO ANYTHING!
    I want to be "that" person that set a goal, worked for it, and accomplished it! I still have a ways to go, but I know that I will get there!

    ReplyDelete