Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Comfort Zones

"Change and growth take place when a person has risked himself and dares to become involved with experimenting with his own life."
-Herbert Otto


Ain't that the truth?  How many things have we missed out on or have we limited ourselves to because we are afraid to take the risk of stepping out of our comfort zones.  Anyone that knows me knows that I am a wuss.  I'm a girlie girl, ribbons and bows, stilettos and lipstick kind of gal.  Believe it or not, I was so intimidated by the gym, working out, lifting weights.  I didn't think "girls" did that. 

Over the last few years, I decided that I am not going to allow myself to be one dimensional.  I've pushed myself to the limits, faced my fears (my friends even got me to do flying trapezing once!) and just forced myself to see how far I could go. 

One of my daughter's favorite songs is "Who Says?" by Selena Gomez (cute, huh?) and I think it really does give a great message!  Who is setting the limits for you?  Last I checked, we were in control of ourselves!  If you want to see a change in yourself, you've got to learn to step out and risk yourself and your comfort zone- don't hold yourself back!

No comments:

Post a Comment