Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Slowing Down

My husband got me my new Garmin watch for my runs.  I have been so excited and chomping at the bit to get out and use it.  My running buddy is out of town this weekend, but I just had to get out and run...

Sooooo, I got my kids and my dog all geared up and out we went!  My 9 month old pup has run with me many times, and usually shaves about a minute off my time  LOL.  My 7 year old daughter does pretty well to keep up.  She averages about a 11.5 min miles and has easily done 3 miles with me before.  My 4 year old son has run 1 mile with me before on a track and did it in 12 minutes.  Not bad!  Well, the 7 year old, the 4 year old and the 9 month old pup running mates were anything but speedy this morning.  We finished our 4 miles at a 14 min mile pace.  OUCH!  I didn't feel like I walked it! 

At first I was a little disappointed that it had taken us so long to complete the run.  But when I stepped back and really thought about it, I was so happy that they were out there with me.  I was glad to have had the quality time with my loves and I think they really had a great time too!  What 4 year old and 7 year old do you know that wants to get up and run 4 miles with their mom?  I'm considering myself pretty darn lucky!

The point to my post, is its ok to slow your pace.  Its ok to get off the training course and just have some fun.  Isn't that why us moms want to be fit?  So we can spend healthy, quality time with our kids and do things without feeling so run down and tired? 

I think today's run was my best "time" yet!

1 comment:

  1. yes AA so important to relish these moments with our children... trust me they grow up so quickly... can't believe how big mine are ... so important to relax and be in relationship... it is vital.... lll, andrea

    ReplyDelete