Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Caught In Action

This afternoon I had to meet my son's t-ball coach at the ball field to pick up his uniform for their first game this week.  As I was leaving the park, I spotted a member of my Biggest Losers challenge.  There amongst kids and parents, she stood out right away!  What was it that made me notice her? 

I looked around the park and noticed that while all the children were playing, all the parents were seated on the benches or along the fence.  But not my team member!  She was up and moving; playing WITH her kids.  She was pushing children on the swings, moving about and just being ACTIVE. 

I cannot tell you how refreshing it was to see a parent so involved with their children's play!  The other parents looked distant, bored, tired.  My team member looked HAPPY.  She looked like she was enjoying her children, enjoying the beautiful evening and comfortable with herself!

I immediately texted her, "I see you!"  I'm sure that shocked her!  She texted me back, "Ok, you creepy stalker!  Where are you?!  LOL!"  I was right, it did shock her!  I explained to her that I was at the park and that I saw her being active with the kids.  I gave her two thumbs up and told her that I was proud; but even more than that, I was thrilled! 

Exercise isn't all about getting fit and having some bikini body.  It's about being active and enjoying every moment of your life!  This specific team member, I've really seen a change in her over the last few months.  She was in my last challenge and I remember at the beginning of the challenge she was always so tired and even made a point to say that she wished she could be more active with her kids.  Well, I think today I saw the biggest change!  I'm so glad I was able to witness that!

No comments:

Post a Comment