Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Blythe Bootcamp

I have to chuckle at myself and my post about how I was going to stop obsessing about my diet and exercise plans and just work on maintaining a healthy lifestyle...hello...this is Alice Anne we're talking about. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I wasn't obsessing over something!

So, back to Blythe Bootcamp it is! I called her on Monday and said "Give me a Plan!" so I'm back! I'm training for a 10k (exciting) and I also want to be strong enough to not embarrass myself through the Warrior Dash coming up this May. Blythe has me eating the right meals at the right times to maximize my workouts, burn fat and lean down. I'm very excited, although it actually seems HARDER this time around to clean up my diet! For example, yesterday without even thinking about it, I popped a bite-sized butterfinger candy in my mouth! 1/4 serving and a whole 45 freakin' calories! DAMN! Not too bad, I guess, but I can think of a million other things I would have rather had to give up 45 calories! In the grand scheme of things, no big deal, but anyone that knows me knows that when I set my mind to something I stick to it and I do it well!

For my training, I'm lifting two days a week doing full-body workouts and then I'm to run a 5k three days a week. This week, I hit it hard and my body is definitely feeling it (especially my ankles and hip flexors). Tomorrow I'm going to do some lifting and then I'm going to try and get some laps in at the pool. I like using the kickboard for my laps because that gives me a KILLER ab workout.

My goal date is May 7th to be at tip top shape. I'm in my niece's wedding, so I want to look awesome; the fact that I'm the oldest bridesmaid might have a little something to do with my increased vanity. The Warrior Dash is May 22nd and then the 10K is in June. I figure, I slim down, tone up and get in great shape this spring and then I'm all set in my poolside body for the summer ;) We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment