Pages

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Summer Bootcamp

This summer I decided to take a different approach to my challenges and just have a sort of "bootcamp" event.  It was a $25 buy in, but there's not an actual cash prize at the end.  Basically, the $25 covers the cost of my time and the cost of any prizes I give out throughout the challenge.  I'm thinking this first week, I'll give out a $25 gift certificate to Charm City Run or perhaps just reimburse the winner their $25 buy in cash. 

I only took on 30 challengers for the summer; the 125 challengers from the spring was really taxing and I just needed a smaller group for this season.  I'm taking a no excuses approach and really pushing hard to encourage people to get their head in the game and give it their all for the next 8 weeks. 

Challenge Rules:

1. 100% Participation. Only miss 1 weigh in and you must participate in the weekly check in posts. Don't make me call you out! :o)

2. Absolutely NO fast food this challenge.  

3. Unless you puke, pass out or die...you better get your exercise in for the week.

4. Set reasonable goals. Reach out to the group, a friend or me and HAVE FUN! Learn new recipes, try new workouts, grab a buddy and share what has worked and/or what's working for you with this group! We're here to support and encourage each other.
 
I figure if I only allowed a handful of people, they really need to show that they wanted in this challenge and that they are going to work for results!  Hate to be so hardcore, but a lot of energy goes into coming up with workouts, nutritional support and motivation/inspiration.  They get what they put into it and I'm not here to waste time or have my time wasted. 
 
So here we go!  I have my own goals I'm setting out to achieve this summer (moving to Sherwood has not been kind to my waistline!)  I've given up alcohol for the remainder of the summer and I'm going to really hit the workouts HARD.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment