Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Wow! Back to Work!

I am embarrassed that it has been so long since my last blog entry!  The end of 2011 was hectic and filled with a lot of turmoil.  Well, hasta la vista, 2011!  I'm ready for a new year and I've already jumped feet first into a healthy routine!
Looking back at 2009-2011, I see that I underwent some serious fitness lifestyle changes.  I wish I could say that I've maintained my weight at 125lb, but alas, life got away from me and I lost track of my fitness goals and lifestyle!  My father died in November 2011, and since then I've gained 10lbs.  Blech!  I'm definitely a stress gainer!  Well, 2012 is a fresh start and with it, I've got some friends that are ready to reclaim their bodies, minds and lives!

On Jan. 6th, I started a new Biggest Loser Challenge via Facebook.  I have 43 members, 7900lbs and $1075 dollars all mixed in a friendly contest to see who can lose the most body % in the next 12 weeks!  I'm super proud of the group/team and I know that together we're really going to shed some unwanted "stress, fat, excuses, etc"  We are READY!

I'd like to lose 10-15lbs and be back in my size 2 clothes comfortably.  10lbs on me doesn't look like much, but it certainly feels like a lot!  Thankfully, I've managed to not go up in pant sizes too much, I'm still a size 4, but I'm not feeling very comfortable in my own skin...God I hate that feeling!

So here we go!  This week, our mini challenge is to complete 100 push ups a day.  I've been feeling under the weather, but I've done my best to stay on track!  It doesn't matter how you do the push ups (knees bent, incline, decline, on the wall, on your head...) JUST DO THEM!

I can't wait to see how my team progresses this week and I'm hoping to see some big losses!

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment