Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Setting New Goals

They say an effective way of reaching your goal is to tell someone about it.  So I'm telling the blogging world.  My goal is to run 1000 miles in the year 2012.  Kind of a lofty goal for a girl that can't truly run 3.2 miles without walking some.  Ha ha ha!  For the past two years, I have not done steady running.  I do intervals, I do HIIT, I do running, walking, jogging, elliptical, rowing, etc.  I hate stagnant cardio.  Well, I HATED it.  It has certainly grown on me and I've learned that running is a huge stress reliever for me.

It started with this Nike Challenge I have going on with my husband.  I started doing more and more miles at a time to keep up with Mr. I think I'm Going to Run a 10k Today, yeah...he just popped out 6 miles without any training or building up to it...he just DID it.  Blah!

So I found myself adding more and more miles to keep up.  We're just 3 days shy of the end of our challenge and we are neck to neck!  This is going to be a close one!  Last week I did almost 20 miles!  Now, I have this crazy idea that I can do 20 miles every week from here on out and get my 1000 miles in before the New Year 2013.  Of course, I'm starting a few weeks late, so I'll need to add a few miles to several weeks to catch up. 

Here I go...

No comments:

Post a Comment