Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Biggest Losers

I recently started the 4th Biggest Losers Challenge, I've been organizing these challenges for the past year.  This is our largest challenge yet!  We have 43 members, over 7900lbs and over $1100 in the cash pot for the prize.  To say that this challenge is intense is an understatement.  Today was our first weigh in and as a group, we lost a little over 150lbs, about 2% of our total body weight. 

Our biggest losers lost 5% their body weight!  I was so proud of our group and really impressed with the fact that just about everyone had lost weight in the first week.  I think something that's made this challenge really motivating is that we have weekly "mini-challenges".  I've been trying really hard to come up with both fun challenges as well as things that really push everyone to be stronger and work harder.  So far for week #1 we had a 100 Push-Ups a Day; it didn't matter how you did the push-ups, 10 sets of ten or however they needed to be broken down, bent knees, wall presses, incline, staggered, etc.  Everyone just had to get their 100 in.  The challenge was AWESOME!  I think everyone really worked hard and could feel the burn.

For week #2, I paired them up in partners based on their similarities, weight range and also based in that I thought they could inspire each other or give support when needed.  At the end of the week, the team of partners with the highest % lost will win a special prize!  Everyone seemed to respond so well to this challenge!  I think that the partner support and need for accountability is really going to take the group far!

I've also encouraged everyone to keep up with their 100 push-ups and I've added a daily Ab routine.  I can't wait to see what our next weigh in brings!  I'm really hoping that everyone sees the results they want and that we can all continue this challenge motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment